Health and wellness, from an energetic point of view.
Where we live, work, or sleep affects our health and wellness in a positive or a negative way. Have you ever walked into a mall or a store and felt so uncomfortable that you wanted to turn right around and leave? Have you ever lived somewhere or even worked a place where it just seemed like you were sick all the time? You are far from alone.
These occurrences are not coincidental. They are real phenomena that can be attributed to unseen energy in our environment. Energy affects us on a daily basis in ways that most of us are unaware.
What is this energy, you ask?
Contrary to popular belief, Classical Feng Shui is not the sort of Chinese-style interior decorating that’s popular amongst Westerners. It doesn’t, of course, just involve painting the South wall red and placing Asian symbols of wealth like Buddha’s, frogs with coins in them, and crystals in your money corner.
That’s too simplistic. Various elements in our environment, such as building orientation, sleeping direction, and the direction we face while at work, to name a few, affect each of us differently.
All edifices are unique, just as all people are unique. The structure of a residence or office will support each individual differently. Depending on when you moved into your home, your birthday, and the facing direction of your home, you will see that your home or business has different effects on money, relationships, and health.
The energetic influences in our surroundings are a very real and tangible force in our lives, and they can easily affect all aspects of our health and wellness. When analyzing your environment to ensure greater health and wellness, it is best to use the less is more principle; if something in the environment looks odd or out of place, this could be an indicator of things to come. In Classical Feng Shui, the first factor to consider is how your home or business is placed in the environment.
For example, if you are the only home around for miles, you want to ensure that you’re not left vulnerable, energetically. Shore up the front, sides, and back of your home with a retaining wall, thick landscaping, or wood fencing.
Keeping things simple by living in areas that have been developed is the most beneficial to occupants. Staying away from jails, hospitals, cemeteries, high traffic areas, and other places that may upset the nervous system are ideal for ensuring great health and wellness. After all, who wants to live next to a cemetery, a hospital, or a jail?
The next important step is to consider the inside of the home. Extreme home designs and floor plans are usually not beneficial for residents. Energy has to be able to flow uniformly.
If there is any kind of obstruction to the normal energy pattern, problems can begin because it forces the energy in the home or business to flow destructively. This destructive energy pattern, in turn, manifests itself in health, money, and relationship issues. If you follow these basic principles, it will keep you and your family healthy and out of trouble.
Considerations for the Inside of the Home:
- Toilets or laundry rooms in the center of the house—can cause blood related diseases and kidney problems.
- Staircases that are located in the center of the house—can cause back, spine, and joint problems.
- Fire in the center of the house or on an island such as a stove, kitchen or fireplace—can cause high blood pressure and heart problems.
Considerations for the Outside of the Home:
- Structures with a circular driveway (extremely arched)—can indicate that a rare disease is supported or beginning.
- Homes or businesses located on a T-juncture—can cause fighting, hypertension, anxiety, and panic attacks.
- Homes too close to a huge mountain or built directly on top of a mountain—can indicate career and health problems, especially with bones.
- Homes located near graveyards, police stations, excavation sites, etc—can create lethargy, depression, and mental illness.
- Water features—improperly placed water on your site can cause illness.
- High-tension towers—living too close can cause cancer.
- Robbery Mountain Sha, which is an offensive looking tree, telephone pole, or light pole usually located in front of your house around the 10 o’clock mark—can indicate that a rare disease begins or is supported, and/or the family is injured by knives.